I generally like Neal Boortz. But he has completely lost his shit on global warming, posting a massive screed today that thumbs every crank button on the panel. In Boortz’s missive, we learn:
1) Global warming theory was created by the UN to create a redistributionist scheme (the theory predates the UN).
2) The environmental movement is composed entirely of socialists (partly true, but irrelevant)
3) Global warming scientists refuse to account for the solar cycle (completely false).
4) Global warming supporters don’t want to debate and claim the science is settled (as opposed to Boortz, who is absolutely convinced this is a fraud).
5) CRU used tricks to cook the data (False).
6) Scientists disposed of of the raw climate data, which can never be recovered (also false).
7) This is all a conspiracy to prepare us for invasion by the reverse vampires.
OK, I made that last one up.
It’s stuff like this that drove me from the camp of disbelieving skeptics into believing skeptics. This is pure whack-job conspiracy theorism. We’ve had a whole holiday weekend during which it was possible for Boortz to find out the reality behind the “tricks”. He hasn’t even bothered. He’s wallowing in the Right Wing Echosphere, hearing only other ignorami’s OUTRAGE! over this scandal.
It’s sad. What is it about the climate that turns people (on either side, really) into such raving loons?